Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's in a name, and losing weight?

Well we have had the hardest time trying to find a name for our little girl that will soon be here. When we first found out thatI was pregnant, we thought for sure we were having a boy. Since we thought this we didn't give much thought to a girl's name. So when we found out we were expecting a baby girl, we were thrown for a loop. We came up with several names, and I do mean SEVERAL names. We would pick a top 5 and got from there. We would find a name and then find a reason to hate it. lol. This happened A LOT! We probably went through 10-15 names. lol. We had a few guidelines the name had to meet. Such as: It had to be unique, Since my name is so common, I wanted our daughters to be uncommon. Then it couldn't have a stupid nickname that went to it, we found lots of names we liked, but hated he nicknames for them. It had to be something we both agreed on. I could never pick a name that I loved, but Dave didn't, it would bother me. So after all that we finally picked a name, and wouldn't tell people until recently. I find that it's harder to tell us you don't like the name if we have for sure picked it, then just saying were considering it. Lol. I know, i'm weird. So the name we have decided, and I could care less if you like it or don't like it, is....
Kendall Nicole Bland
BTW she is now 5 pounds 11 ounces, which is in the 50th percentile. Oh and I have lost 6 pounds! I don't understand. I'm not trying to lose weight at all. I'm just on this diet gestational diabetes diet, wich is making me lose weight. So if you get technical with all the losing weight i've done, I have not gained a single pound since I got pregnant. Crazy! I might even be smaller after I have her, than I was when I got pregnant! Oh and this losing weight thing is not affecting, she is gaining weight like she should, and is doing great.

1 comment:

  1. Kendall is a very cute name!!! Can't wait to see her when she comes!

    ReplyDelete