Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

R.I.P LULU

So earlier this year, lulu got sick. But she got better. Well sometime in late June early August lulu was acting funny. After Dave and I moved to our own home in May, lulu would follow (RUN) us to our house everytime she saw us. Well we have always suspected that she had hip problems, well then she coudn't walk, she would follow us home and wouldnt be able to walk back let alone move. We would have to take her back to my parents house, then she stopped following us, barking, and stopped eating! We tried everything from buying different food, forcing water down her throat with a turkey baster, along with pedialite, and giving her adult asprin, it got so bad she couldnt even move to potty. She would be laying in her pee. She looked horrible! It was so awful!!! I have never had an animal i loved so much, and to see her go through this, it was just heart wrenching! So after a couple of weeks of hoping she would get better. Dave and i finally took her to the vet on pioneer day. The vet told us she had severe arthritis in her back knees and hips. He said the condition was so bad, that it couldnt be fixed, he said pain pills would be the only option, and that since the aspirin hadnt really been working, he wasnt to hopeful, along with the fact that she was at least 14 years old. so I had to make the decision on what to do. It was SO HARD, but i couldn't bare to see her in so much pain, she wasn't happy, how could she be when she couldn't even be a dog, she just sat there. I had to have her put down, they did it that day, and i had to say goodbye to the best dog i have ever had. I just broke down crying at the fact that we had to say good bye! Dave was emotional as well. They told me i shouldn't watch, but i didn't want to leave her alone! I said good bye and immediatly regreted being in that room, I left quickly and went outside, and cried my eyes out. Dave stayed in there with her till it was done. I havent cried so much in my life! I felt awful, like i was a bad person, that i was the executioner! I know that seems silly, but i still can't help it! I miss her so much, and cry still about it, and i dont know how i can ever get another dog, cuz i don't ever want to do this again. I feel bad for anyone who has to do this. I just feel better by remembering that she is no longer in pain. R.I.P LULU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment