Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dealing with a few bumps in the road.

I'm now 29 weeks and in my third trimester! I can't believe i'm only 11 weeks away from having this little girl! Im doing well, super tired though. At my last appointment her heartbeat was 135! I loved listeningto her heartbeat! I'm down to 2 appointments a month or every other week. Pregnancy life has certainly changed since I was 26 weeks. I was Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and Anemia. I'm taking an Iron supplement along with my prenantal for the anemia, and have changed my entire life for the GD. I have had to change my diet, and eating schedule. I have to eat 6 times a day, 3 meals, and 3 snacks. I cut out most carbs. I can only have a certain amount for each meal/snack. It's more annoying than anything, but I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks, so thats interesting. Then I have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day! That is absolutely the worst part of it. My fingers are not doing so well from all the poking! I have to draw it first thing in the morning and an hour after each main meal. Argg! I hate it, but whatever. My motivation is of course my little girls health. I want to be healthy for her. I'm also now considered a high risk pregnancy, so I will start seeing that doctor as well as my obgyn for the rest of my pregnancy. I get frustrated sometimes not being able to eat a freaken cookie or a piece of fruit. (Fruit are very high in carbs, I had to cut down on fruit! Which is bad because that is like what I have been craving!) Anywho thats how baby and I are doing. Dave and I got our crib and other furniture set up in the nursery! We are super excited for it! Just can't wait for everything to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment